It’s exciting to start a new chapter in your life by moving to a new house, but packing, loading, transporting, unloading, and unpacking your belongings can be a nuisance if you don’t hire professionals. Professional movers aim to make your move as stress-free as possible.
First, choose a reliable moving company to handle the move. When you follow these simple steps, you can minimize the stress of moving. Before doing anything else, you must get familiar with the company’s insurance offerings.
With the right moving insurance, your belongings will be safe while they are in transit, whether on the moving truck or in a storage facility. Even the most careful moving companies can’t stop things from going wrong, like fires, car accidents, or theft. That’s why it’s important to get insurance for your belongings. Accidents are inevitable, as we all know.
Jordan River Moving & Storage gives you a lot of options for moving insurance in Kirkland so that you can be sure your move will be safe. You may contact us right away if you have any inquiries.
By reading on, you can learn more about the many kinds of coverage your household movers should have.
Why Are Moving Companies Required to Have Insurance?
If you’ve been considering it, you’re undoubtedly interested in learning more. As a mover, your number one priority is the security and integrity of the personal belongings you’re entrusted with. You go the additional mile to protect the well-being of your team members by providing them with thorough training and a safe workplace.
Even the most careful planning can’t guarantee that nothing will go wrong, so it’s wise to get moving company insurance to Kirkland just in case. You never know when one of your workers may suffer a serious injury that needs medical treatment after a slip and fall accident on the job. The cargo you’re transporting might be damaged in the event of an accident involving one of your trucks. For these reasons and more, it is strongly recommended that you look into Kirkland relocation insurance for your business.
As the owner and manager of your home goods moving company, you are responsible for any damage caused by accidents or carelessness. If any of the above happens, it could cost you a lot of money. You should give it some thought, whether you’re moving across town or the country.
Our Moving Insurance Kirkland Options
When it comes to moving insurance, Kirkland, Jordan River Moving & Storage offers a wide variety of options to protect your move and ensure that each of our customers’ needs is met.
Some of the insurance options we offer are as follows:
Local Valuation Coverage
Moving companies must guarantee the value of the household belongings they transport. The value protection level chosen by the customer determines how much responsibility a carrier must take on. To choose this option, the client must fill out the right line on the bill of lading from the carrier.
Cross Country Coverage
Since we are a legal common carrier, we must give our customers limited liability insurance at no extra cost. This limited option limits your loss/damage liability to $0.60 per pound per item.
Moving may be a challenging life event, and we at MovingInsurance.com understand that. You may relax knowing that any potential losses from damage to your belongings will be compensated for. You can focus on other aspects of the move now that you know your belongings are safe, secure, and insured.
TGI Moving Insurance
Moving individuals, third-party movers, and household goods forwarders may all benefit from the comprehensive suite of services offered by TG International (TGI).
Items Not Covered by Moving Company Insurance
Generally speaking, the insurance covers any belongings moved or handled by the movers. But there are a few exceptions and You will not be compensated if any of these things are damaged, stolen, or lost during the move.
Some belongings that are not insured are as follows:
- Perishable foods and drinks.
- Valuables that are moved without the knowledge of the movers (you must inform moving teams in writing if they will be handling items of significant value).
- Items that have suffered harm as a consequence of a natural disaster. In this case, the incident was not caused by the moving crew’s negligence or carelessness; thus, they cannot be held liable.
- Dangerous items are packed without the moving staff’s knowledge.
How to Prevent Damage During Your Move
- Take pictures of your belongings before you move: If you need to make a claim, it might be good to include before-and-after photos of the damaged item.
- Pack carefully: Due to your packing, you could lessen the burden of the mover. If you’re packing yourself, utilize sturdy boxes and packing materials to protect your belongings. Let the movers know if there is anything flammable, poisonous, or easily damaged in a box (this is where proper labeling comes in).
- Immediately report any losses or damages: You have nine months from the date of delivery or the date the cargo was scheduled to be delivered to file a written claim.
- Verify insurance needs if moving inside your state: Within-state relocation laws and regulations might vary from one state to the next. Contact the consumer protection agency or the state’s moving association if you’re moving within the same state.
- Make sure your mover knows about your valuables: Remember to document any transactions involving expensive items. You own anything of great value, such as heirlooms, antiques, jewelry, etc.
Get Insurance for Your Move to Give You Peace of Mind
If you need assistance finding an insurance and moving plan that works for you, Jordan River Moving & Storage is here to help.
If you’re looking for moving insurance, don’t hesitate to call Jordan River Moving Company Kirkland. We would be happy to talk with you about insurance coverage, movers, dates of service, and more to ensure your life’s most efficient and stress-free relocation.
We wish you luck and a wonderful moving experience with Jordan River Moving Company!