Moving long distances is a massive task that needs plenty of preparation, planning, and help. And if you’re planning a long-distance move, a good first step is to hire a long-distance moving company Kirkland to help you pack and transport your belongings.
If you want your long-distance move to go off without a hitch and with as little stress as possible, you need to choose the finest long-distance movers in your region.
Areas We Serve
If you need help from one of Kirkland’s most reliable long-distance moving companies, call Jordan River Moving & Storage right away.
With our extensive list of long-distance moving options, we can guarantee the smooth completion of any relocation you leave to us.
For more information on how working with a long-distance moving company can benefit you, keep reading, or contact us today.
Long-Distance Move: What You Need to Know
There are a lot of surprises and little things that might throw you off when moving a long distance. If you are considering a long-distance move, here are four things you should be aware of.
Moving a long distance is:
- Costly. Long-distance moves may cost more than $5,000. The exact amount will depend on the distance traveled and the volume of belongings being moved.
- Costly in time. It takes a lot of time to pack, prepare, drive, unpack, etc. When planning a long-distance relocation, it’s important to give yourself plenty of time to take care of last-minute issues.
- Stressful. Moving a great distance is known to cause a lot of stress for the whole family. They are a big change in your life, take a lot of thought and planning, and can feel like a full-time job for a few weeks.
- Lots of hard work. As was previously noted, a cross-country move is a huge undertaking that may consume an entire person’s time for weeks or months. That’s why you must get the professional assistance you require while in the midst of a transition.
A List of Twenty-Five Helpful Hints for a Long-Distance Move
Here are some valuable ideas for anyone experiencing a long-distance relocation to help reduce the unpleasant parts of long-distance moves.
- Don’t hold on to things you won’t use, and get rid of the clutter. Apply the one-year rule: if an object hasn’t been used for more than a year, it may be safely discarded.
- Put together a moving plan and checklist.
- Make a list of everything you own.
- Label and arrange all of the boxes you’ve packed.
- Estimates of costs from possible moving companies.
- Involve and organize your loved ones by assigning them particular duties.
- Arrange for a babysitter or pet sitter to take care of your kids or furry friends while you finish the majority of your packing.
- Have a few boxes of “essentials” (such as the child’s favorite toys, food, extra clothes, toiletries, etc.) packed and ready to go.
- You should update your address legally.
- If you are moving expensive belongings with a moving company, you should invest in moving insurance.
- Avoid transferring food since it might be forgotten about and deteriorate, resulting in nasty smells and you having to pull it out mid-move.
- If you don’t already have a job waiting for you when you arrive at your location, investigate the local employment market.
- The off-season is the best time to relocate if you can do so. Moving during the off-season might save you money compared to doing it during the busiest time of the year.
- Don’t forget to include tips in the overall cost of hiring movers. No tipping is required, although it is always welcome, particularly for out-of-state moves (you should be able to find a tipping calculator online if you are unsure what is an appropriate tip amount).
- Prepare a packing strategy. When preparing for a long-distance move, a strong plan is essential.
- Preparing for an extended journey means packing carefully. Because of the expected rough handling during transit, it is important to properly cushion and protect fragile products using bubble wrap and another padding.
- Think about whether or not you can afford to move those heavy things. If you’re making a long-distance move, consider if it would be more practical to simply replace some belongings (like furniture) after you’ve settled down at your destination.
- Make a plan for the use of any cars you own. Should you transport them, sell them, or use them as transportation?
- In case your car breaks down, be prepared with a first aid pack and extra supplies. Always travel with a set of jumper cables, a spare tire, and a vehicle jack.
- Work from your new location while taking care of your most important moving requirements, or ask for time off if you still have a job in your previous city.
- Try to find free moving boxes and other materials (you may contact grocery businesses in your region to see if they have any spare cardboard boxes they’re willing to give out).
- It’s a good idea to document high-value belongings by photographing them before packing them in case anything is broken in transit.
- Before driving to your new city, have your car serviced so you can relax and enjoy the ride.
- Share your new address with friends and family.
- Remove yourself from local mailing lists and notify service providers and postal services that you will no longer be in their service area.
The Timeline of Long-Distance Moving
- Two months before your move: Check out movers you may hire, start clearing out your belongings and make a detailed inventory of your belongings.
- Six weeks before your move: Get started on packing, take care of any small repairs around the property, and shorten your list of potential movers.
- One month before your move: Pick a moving company, make travel and insurance plans, and stock up on packing materials.
- Two weeks before your relocation: Move out of town? It’s time to update your address details and cancel your local memberships, then pack up your belongings.
- One week before your move: In order to prove that your house is in good functioning order, you need disassemble your furniture, do a thorough cleaning, pack a “essentials” suitcase, and film a walk-through video tour.
- Moving day: Get up early, get in touch with the movers, take one last look around your previous home, and then fuel yourself with a hearty breakfast.
Why It’s a Good Idea to Hire a Long-Distance Moving Company
Even though it might be tempting to save money by taking care of everything yourself, this is not a good idea, especially if you are moving a long distance.
- Instead of carrying the full weight of moving on yourself, working with a professional moving service may eliminate a lot of the worry and effort from you.
- Here are some more reasons why you should hire movers:
- Your valuables will be in good hands with professional movers since they have received specialized training for long-distance moves.
- Affordable relocation insurance is just one more feature most moving companies provide.
- Professional movers allow you to concentrate on other aspects of the moving process while they do the grunt work.
- A long-distance moving company is a great way to avoid straining your back or other muscles when transporting heavy furniture and other belongings.
- A skilled moving company can help you stick to your relocation timeline.
- You may end up saving money by hiring movers. Hiring professional movers may save you a lot of money when you factor in how much time you will spend packing and carrying out the move if you do it yourself.
- Working with a reputable group of experts can help you lessen your moving-related stress.
- Instead of making many costly excursions back and forth, you may complete your long-distance move in a single, quick trip.
- A smoother movement experience.
- A group of helpful moving professionals is at your service to answer any inquiries you may have.
Why Choose Jordan River Moving?
Look no further than Jordan River Moving for the best long-distance movers in Kirkland. Our goal is to make every client’s move the smoothest transition they’ve ever experienced. Our staff is customer-oriented, enthusiastic, cautious, and professional in all of our dealings, and we hope that we can be the ones to ease your move to your new city.
By working with Jordan River Moving, you can reduce the strain of your long-distance move, keep your schedule on track, and stop losing sleep over the logistics.
Contact Jordan River Moving Today to Arrange Your Long-Distance Move
Contact Jordan River Moving if you’re prepared to invest in the most convenient, time-saving, and pleasant move of your life.
It would be our pleasure to assist you with your move. We are dedicated to providing you with the greatest moving experience possible, and, we have everything you need to make that happen.
Get in touch with Jordan River Moving, the cheapest long-distance moving company in Kirkland, right now to learn more about our company, our prices, and our moving services.
Services We Offer in Kirkland
- Kirkland Movers
- Kirkland Long Distance Movers
- Kirkland Office Movers
- Kirkland Office Movers
- Kirkland Senior Movers
- Kirkland Local Movers
- Kirkland Cross Country Movers
- Kirkland Overseas Moves
- Kirkland Packing Services
- Kirkland Moving Insurance